Channel Positivity And Joy With These 15 Uplifting Quotes
We all need an extra boost of positivity and joy now and again, and these 15 uplifting quotes can put you on the right track. These profound words of encouragement can lighten your mood and fill you with energy and happiness.
- “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
- “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.” – Walt Disney
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.” – Charles Schulz
- “When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.” – Unknown
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” – Bill Keane
- “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Look for something positive in every day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.” – Unknown
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “If you can laugh at it, you can live with it.” – Irish Proverb
- “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.” – Maori Proverb
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
Wait here is more – let’s take a quote from the great Oprah Winfrey, who said “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”. This certainly resonates and provides the perfect dose of motivation in those moments when you need an extra boost.
Next, we have a motivating line from the renowned Mother Teresa, who famously described joy as “the net of love by which you can catch souls”. This clearly demonstrates the power of joy to keep you hooked and completely enraptured by life’s journey.
A third wise quote has been attributed to the American president and politician John F. Kennedy, who is remembered for saying “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them”. This highlights the importance of turning your words into actions, in order to actually make a difference.
Finally, let’s take a look at a motivational line from the American hypnotist Milton Erickson, who said “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time”. This quote is sure to remind your of the importance of taking risks, and reaching beyond your comfort zone.
Words Of Inspiration
The American poet and philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson is someone who is well known for his inspiring words, and one quote that stands out is the famous line “The only way to have a friend is to be one”.
This is an excellent motto to remember and is certain to take you to the next level, when it comes to building unforgettable bonds with others.
One of Anderson’s most renowned quotes is the short but impactful phrase “Life is an echo; what you send out comes back”.
The Power Of Optimism
Another uplifting quote that is worth considering is “A positive attitude can really make dreams come true – it did for me”. This is from the daughter of Martin Luther King sr., the civil rights activist Yolanda King, and her words demonstrate the transformative power of believing in yourself.
When it comes to staying motivated and pushing forwards, American entrepreneur and philanthropist Oprah Winfrey provides the perfect dose of wisdom by saying “Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance”.
This is an amazing quote that reminds us of the sheer joy that comes when we tap into our own potential.
When times gets tough, it’s important to draw on the words of wise people like the late American neurologist and psychiatrist Oliver Sacks who said “The basics of resilience are the same for everyone: the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; the ability to learn from experience; and the capacity to maintain good relationships”.
It is quite incredible how such a few words can contain so much depth, and how phrases of this nature can really turn your day around when you need it most.
What’s more, American actress, model and singer turned successful businesswoman Tyra Banks has her own unique take on resilience and reminds us to stay motivated with her resounding words: “I believe that you should glamorize your dream, not your struggles”.
Wise Words On Life
Finally, we have the sentiments of the beloved Greek philosopher Epictetus, who is renowned for saying “First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do”.
Of course, carrying out a plan of action is much easier said than done – but Epictetus’ words carry a deep truth, and remind us to stay focused on our ultimate goal.
The American activist and novelist Alice Walker adds her own unique depth when she concludes with the famous line “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any”.
This reminds us that, despite our trials and tribulations, ultimately we can decide how we want to live and take control of our lives.